Progress has been a little slow of late, but I have, at least temporarily, fitted the electronics.
Essentially, this has meant making the servo box and battery trays plus mounts for the ESCs. The main motor ESCs will just be velcroed in place. I used an inverse T strip to slide the bow thruster ESC on to as that had worked in the Trent. I need to try moving the battery trays around once the boats finished but they're ok for now. The cables will need a tidy up too.
I've also moved into the 21st century and gone brushless. The motors are Overlander 3548/5s with Hawk 60A ESCs. I've fitted 40mm 5 blade props and an using two 9.6v NiMh battery packs. I've no idea yet about run time, but on its first run out the boat was very fast, possibly a little too fast! It was though very responsive and the motors remained cool. That in itself is good news as the Graupner Speed 600 Ecos in my Trent run very hot.
Back to building the wheelhouse now...