I've now completed work on the running gear, except of course for the job of actually fitting it! The photos shows the work I've done and also the rudder parts.
The skeg extention is finish and I'me really quite pleased with it. The P38 method has worked a treat. The rudders took a little more effort though. I didn't use the styrene parts in the kit. Instead I adapted the method I used to scratch build new rudders on the Trent. So, I glued spacer strips onto the supplied brass rudders, cut new outside skins from 1mm styrene and formed the 'foil shape that way. The void was filled with more P38. It didn't go to plan at first but I think the end result is ok.
I've also modified the bilge keels. The boat I'm building has a slightly different bracing for the slipway skids. So, I cut away a 6mm strip and glued a length of 6.4x3.2mm strip on (bought separately as it's not as rough cut as the strip in the kit) as thisi si slightly bigger than the keels, it handily represents the protector strips. The supports are from 3.2mm tube and the mounting plate on the transom from 0.75mm styrene sheet. The parts were made using photos I'd taken and the plan I got from the RNLI.
These will all be glued and pinned over the next couple of weeks, but first to install will be the prop shafts. Before that though I have to rub down the mould lines.